You can convert a simple mark to a SmartMark by editing its properties in the Mark Settings dialog box. If you convert the mark, you can create multiple instances of it, each with different settings. You can save the mark with these settings in another folder if you want to keep these settings, or you can save the mark in its original location. You can revert the mark to a simple mark by unlocking it. The mark retains the settings that are in effect when you unlock it.
Note: You can save changes to a mark only if the mark is not used in a Pandora job that is currently open. The changes to the mark affect jobs to which you add the mark in the future—instances of the mark in previously saved jobs remain as they were.
- On the Marks palette, click the simple mark you want to convert.
- On the Marks palette, click the option arrow, and select Edit.
- In the Mark Settings dialog box, click Convert to SmartMark.
- In the SmartMark Settings dialog box, click New to make the selected mark appear in the Placements box.
- Select the settings you want to apply to the mark.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Click Save As, and continue with step 7.
- Click Save if you want to save the newly created SmartMark in its original location. This action will replace the original mark with the SmartMark version, and the original version with its original settings is no longer available (although you can recreate it by using the SmartMark Settings dialog box to remove all the placements). If you plan to replace the original mark, continue with step 10.
- In the Save As dialog box, browse to the location of the folder in which you want to save the SmartMark version of the mark.
- In the Name box, type a name for the SmartMark version of the mark.
- Click Save.
- On the Marks palette, click the option arrow, and select Refresh.
The new mark is available as a SmartMark on the Marks palette.