In some situations, you may want to convert the original version of a SmartMark in the Marks palette to a simple mark.
- On the Marks palette, click the simple mark you want to convert.
- On the Marks palette, click the option arrow, and select Edit.
- In the Placements box of the SmartMark Settings dialog box, select each instance of the SmartMark one at a time, then click Delete until all instances are removed.
- Click Save or Save As.
- A warning message appears, explaining that the mark will be changed to a simple mark. Click OK.
If you clicked Save, the mark is saved in its original location as a simple mark.
- If you clicked Save As, the Save As dialog box opens, and you need to browse to the location where you want to save the mark, type a name in the Name box (Macintosh) or File name box (Windows), then click Save.