The Prinergy Cloud: Disaster Recovery Backup is a “managed” service offering from Kodak that automates the process of backing up copies of designated Files and Folders from a compliant Windows server to a secure storage account in the Prinergy Cloud.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Prerequisite:
DR Backup is an extension of the Prinergy Cloud file archiving solution and is not offered as a stand-alone product. To use the DR Backup service, You must be subscribed to the Prinergy Cloud: File Archive and Analytics service.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Authorized Features:
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent software
- Locally Redundant File Storage
- Geo-Redundant File Storage
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Deliverables:
Kodak will remotely activate Your account and install the following software components to enable the service:
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent software
- 1 license per server being backed up
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Users and Access by Users:
Your use of the service is limited to persons authorized by You. This consists of Your personnel who are authorized to administer the Prinergy Workflow system, and other compliant computers, where the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent software is installed.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup - Usage Limits:
File Storage (Tb)
1 Protected Instance per compliant Server or Desktop Computer
Min storage account is 1 Tb per Protected Instance or as defined on the sales order
Min: 50/50 Mbs
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Service Cancellation:
Cancelling a service subscription is transacted via a signed sales order, that will authorize Kodak to delete all remaining data that is stored within Your account, 30 days after the order is booked.
You will also receive 1 final invoice for the 30-day data retention period. Upon cancelling Your service subscription, all Backup files stored in Your storage account will be destroyed.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Free Trial:
There is no Free Trial available for the Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup service.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Acceptance of Deliverables:
At the completion of the service activation steps, the invoice period for the subscribed Services per the terms of the sales contract will begin.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Beta Services:
Kodak may designate certain enhancements or new features of the services as “Beta Services”. Beta Services are not intended for use in a production environment. You acknowledge and agree that the Beta Services are subject to these Terms.
- Are experimental in nature, have not been fully tested and may be discontinued at any time without notice.
- May not meet Your requirements or perform as intended
- May not be uninterrupted, error-free or free of faults
- Are for the sole purpose of evaluating and testing the Beta Services and providing feedback to Kodak
- You are responsible to inform Your employees and other users regarding the nature of the Beta Services
- Should not be used to make a buy decision
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Subscription Service:
If you purchase a software-as-a-service subscription from Kodak, You consent to the following Terms:
- Kodak and its third-party storage providers are authorized to access, copy and store Your User data.
- Including all meta-data collected from Your Prinergy Workflow System and other Kodak Software Applications or devices
- Kodak is authorized to use meta-data that has been collected from Your Prinergy Workflow System and/or other Kodak Software applications to improve the quality and functionality of Kodak’s current and future offerings.
- Purchase additional storage space from Kodak, if You exceed the subscribed tier as defined on the sales order, for 2 consecutive months.
- To periodically update the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent software on each Protected Instance (server), when notified by Kodak or via automated alert within the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent software UI.
- Grant Kodak permission to access Your Prinergy Workflow system and or Windows Server in the event a nightly data backup process fails to complete successfully or to policy. While accessing your Prinergy Workflow system and or Windows Servers, Kodak will only perform activities necessary to resolve the backup failure. Periodically, Kodak may require working with Your IT Services department to enable configuration for the service or to address problems with the service.
- Maintain sufficient storage space on Your Prinergy Workflow system (J Drive) to cache the nightly backup file. The volume of your cache folder should be at least 5-10% free space, when compared to the total size of backup data.
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Software Licenses:
If You purchase software license(s) from Kodak, You understand and agree that such software licenses shall be subject to the product End User License Agreement (EULA).
Prinergy Cloud: DR Backup – Service Level Agreement:
The data retention period for each Protected Instance is 30 days unless otherwise noted on the sales order.
Recovery Time Objective
The DR Backup service provides a writeable snapshot of a cloud-based recovery point, which can be mounted as a iSCSI-based recovery volume. Providing the ability to browse through files using a Windows file explorer and copying them to the destination of your choice.
The recovery time for each file copy action is determined by the number of files/folders selected and by the Internet bandwidth / latency speed available at the plant location running the DR Backup Agent software.
The DR Backup service also provides the ability to run an automated restore, which copies all files/folders back to the original server from which they were collected. The recovery time for each restore action is determined by the total number of files/folders to be copied and by the internet bandwidth / latency speed available at the plant location running the DR Backup Agent software.
Recovery Point Objective
Backup copies are made 1x per day, unless otherwise noted on the sales order.