You can set up an e-mail link to the pages in a job that doesn't require the user to have a Prepress Portal account. The Secure Link feature opens a view directly into the pages that you want the user to review or approve.
Requirements: Your job role must include the Create Secure Link right.
- In the Jobs area, select the name of the required job.
The job's pages appear.
- Click Secure Link.
- In the Display list, select how the pages will display when the user first clicks the e-mail link. For example, you can have them appear in gallery view, in Preview (where the user can flip pages) or in Smart Review (for full review capabilities).
Note: If the HTML gallery, the File Downloader, or the File Uploader option is selected and the secure link e-mail is redeemed on an iPad, a message appears indicating that these options cannot be opened in the InSite iPad application.
The Create Secure Link window now contains the following options:
- The File Downloader option—Secure links created with this option selected enable the user to download any files that have been uploaded to the job.
- The Download Page Proofs option—Secure links created with this option selected enable the user to download proof (low-resolution) files.
Note: The Download Page Proofs option is available only when the selected Display option is HTML Gallery.
- If you want the user to be able to review or approve pages, in the Rights list, select User can review pages or User can approve pages.
- Set a password that the user must enter to access the pages.
Send the password to the user in a separate e-mail; do not include it in the secure link e-mail message.
- In the left pane, select Email Setup.
- Type the e-mail addresses of the users that you want to receive a secure link, the subject of the e-mail, and a short message.
- Click Create.