The Prepress Portal system uses licensing to manage the number of users who can concurrently access the system. If one of your users is unable to log on to the Prepress Portal system, you may have exceeded your license for concurrent customer user logons.
Licensing is also used to enable special features, such as rendering engines and Kodak Matchprint Virtual technology. For example, until a color license is applied, color management features do not appear in the Prepress Portal user interface.
Use InSite License Manager to manage Prepress Portal licensing. It is installed on the Prepress Portal server.
Note: After upgrading your satellite server, it is necessary to apply your software license in order for your satellite server to operate.
Applying your software license
- Select Start > Programs > Kodak InSite > License Manager.
A message indicating that the license key and the dongle mismatch appears.
- To enter a new license key, click Yes.
- Verify that the license ID and Partner Place username match what you entered when running the license Pre-check.
- In the Add License Key dialog box, perform one of the following actions:
- If your computer is connected to the Internet, Click Retrieve License. The license is automatically retrieved. Go to step 8.
- If your computer does not have Internet access, click Browse. Go to step 5.
- Locate the
Response.xmlfile that you downloaded when you performed the license Pre-check.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Read File...
The license key appears in the License Key box.
- Click Apply.
- Confirm the licensed options and press Enter.
- In the message about saving a copy of the previous license key, click OK.
The new license displays an expiry date.
Note: An internet connection is required for maintenance of your license in order to automatically renew it.
- To exit the License Manger, click OK.