Supported Kodak workflow software
InSite Prepress Portal 8.0 supports the following versions of Kodak software:
Prinergy Workflow or Prinergy Workflow Packaging Automation Expansion Pack 7.5 and later
- InSite Creative Workflow 7.0 and 7.5
- InSite Creative Workflow can be integrated with Prepress Portal systems running either the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 operating system.
- InSite Creative Workflow 5.0.1 is no longer supported in InSite 8.0 due to enhanced encrypted password implementation.
- InSite for Evo and InSite Storefront are no longer supported in InSite 8.0. If you are using either workflow do not upgrade. For Storefront users, your information will no longer be accessible.
Supported Prepress Portal, Distribution, and PressProof servers
Prepress Portal, Distribution, and PressProof software can be run on the following platforms:
Windows 2008 R2:
- Dell PowerEdge T3x0 Performance Plus server
Dell PowerEdge T6x0 or R7x0 High Performance Premium server
Kodak Virtual Operating Environment (KVOE) using VMWare ESXi 5.x and 6.x
Note: A minimum of 8 GB of RAM and 146/160 GB (platform dependent) system disk are highly recommended for Windows 2008 R2.
Windows 2012 R2:
Dell PowerEdge T320 or T330 Performance Plus server
Dell PowerEdge T620, R720, T630 or R730 High Performance Premium server
- Kodak Virtual Operating Environment (KVOE) using VMWare ESXi 5.x and 6.x, or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 or 2016
Note: A minimum of 8 GB of RAM and 146/160 GB (platform dependent) system disk are highly recommended for Windows 2012 R2.
Important: The Dell PowerEdge T610 or R710 High Performance Premium server are not supported with Windows 2012 R2.
Supported proxy servers
Prepress Portal supports proxy servers that use the CERN proxy protocol. For more information about proxy servers, see the InSite Client Configuration Technical Bulletin, which is available from the Service & Support > Services Knowledgebase page on Partner Place at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/.
Supported client computers
If you use the Kodak Matchprint Virtual technology with your Prepress Portal and PressProof system, you and your clients must use qualified and calibrated Mac computers for viewing the color of pages and surfaces accurately. For the system requirements of a Matchprint Virtual configuration, see the Matchprint Virtual Release Notes, which are available on Partner Place at https://partnerplace.kodak.com/.
Supported operating systems
InSite Prepress Portal and PressProof system supports macOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 8.1 (64 bit), and Windows 10 (64 bit).
Mac OS X 10.8 and Mac OS X 10.9 are no longer supported. For more information about supported operating systems, see the InSite Client Configuration Technical Bulletin.
The InSite 8.0 iPad app is supported only on iOS 9 or later. If you are currently using an older iOS, you need to upgrade to iOS 9 or later.
Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome on Windows
- Apple Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on Mac OS
For complete information about the supported operating systems and browser software versions for client computers, see the InSite Client Configuration Technical Bulletin, which is available from the Service & Support > Services Knowledgebase page on Partner Place.
Supported DMZ configurations
If a DMZ configuration is required, it must be purchased from Kodak. Other DMZ configurations are not supported.