When installing the Prinergy Evo Client/Server system, you need to first install the Prinergy Evo Server software on the server computer or Kodak-supplied VM image and the Prinergy Evo Client software on all licensed client computers, and then connect the software.
For information on connecting and setting up your device and media parameters, see your output device documentation.
Note: Prinergy Evo may be installed on Kodak-supplied base VM images, but is not available pre-installed on Kodak-supplied VM images.
To install the Prinergy Evo system
- Ensure that your Prinergy Evo client/server installation prerequisites have been met.
- Attach your output device to the Prinergy Evo server computer. For more information, see your device documentation.
- Install the Prinergy Evo Server software.
Prinergy Evo 5.1 and later includes the Kodak ColorFlow Software-Workflow Edition. If you want to install the ColorFlow client on the Prinergy Evo server computer, ensure you first download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- On the Prinergy Evo server computer, enter your Prinergy Evo License ID as part of the installation process (if it is not already entered).
- If the Prinergy Evo client computer is a Macintosh, mount volumes to the shared folders on the Prinergy Evo server computer. If it is a Windows client, map a drive to the Prinergy Evo server's shared folders.
- Configure the Prinergy Evo Server software. For information on configuring your Server software, see the Prinergy Evo System Administration Guide.
- Install the Prinergy Evo Client software.
- Start the Prinergy Evo Client software to connect to the Prinergy Evo Server software.
- Read through the Prinergy Evo Learning Guide or WBT and the Prinergy Evo User Guide to familiarize yourself with the software.
- Configure the Prinergy Evo Client software.
See the Prinergy Evo User Guide for more information on defining your Prinergy Evo system and processing parameters.
Important: Hot folders and input files must reside in folders on which the Prinergy Evo Server software has read, write, and modify privileges in order for Prinergy Evo software to process the input files.
- Run a test file to make sure the client and server computers are connected properly.