A process template is a collection of user-defined settings that tells the various JTPs in your Prinergy Evo Server how to perform a process such as producing a page proof. For example, in an output from PDF process template you can specify the output device, resolution, scaling, size of media, orientation, sheet and page marks information, and so on.
Process templates automate repetitive workflow tasks, saving time and reducing errors. Process templates are created and edited in the Process Template Editor.
Depending on your Prinergy Evo license, you can have two main types of process templates:
- Refine to PDF: A Prinergy Evo process that changes input files in various formats into independent PDF pages containing embedded fonts and images.
- Output: Prinergy Evo processes that create page proofs, films, and plates, imposed proofs, films, and plates, or digital files from PDF input files.
The main difference between creating page output and imposed output process templates is that for page output process templates you can define simple imposition parameters in the Layout section of the OutputPDF Process Template dialog box. For imposed output you must create in Preps, or in other qualified imposition software, a PJTF or JDF file that has the required imposition parameters. You then submit it to a Prinergy Evo submission channel with an output imposition process template attached.
A process template is required for each process. For example, you need a Refine to PDF process template in order to refine input files and an output from PDF process template to output flat proofs.
- From the Configure menu, select Process Templates.
- In the Prinergy Evo Process Template Editor, from the File menu, select New <process template type> Process Template. For example, New Output from PDF Process Template or New Refine to PDF Template. Note: You can also click the triangle (Mac) or plus sign (PC) beside the process template type to display more information.
- In the Output To list, select the output format (Required).
- Select the check box beside the section you want to configure.
- Click the triangle beside the section.
- Set the parameters as required.
- From the File menu, select Save to save your changes.
- Select the group in which you want to save the process template.
- Type a name for the process template, then click Create process template.