Click the Device Conditions tab and then click the Add icon
The Device window appears. Add the device if it hasn't been added to the system..
- Drag the device to the viewer window.
- In the device condition , click the Properties icon .
If the device is a print device, select the plate used in this device condition from the Plate Setup list.
If the plate doesn't exist, click the Add button and add a new plate setup. Each plate setup can contain multiple plate lines.
Depending on the device type, do the following:
- For a curve-controlled device, such as an offset press, a digital halftone proofer or a Flexographic press, specify values for Screening and Substrate.
- For a non-curve controlled device, such as an inkjet proofer, specify values for Resolution and Substrate.
The list of values for a device condition is shared by the same device type. If the desired value doesn't exist, click the Edit button and add a new value.
- Choose a Process Inks value for your CMYK or extended process ink set. If the desired value doesn't exist, click the Edit button and add a new value. Process Inks values are shared by all print device types except Flexographic Press. Flexographic press devices have their own list of values.
- Choose or add an Other value if needed.
You can use the Other value to create a difference between two similar device conditions. For example, if two devices use the same Screening, Substrate and Process Inks values, you can use an Other value, such as "Gloss Varnish" to distinguish one of the device conditions.
- For a curve-controlled device, add spot inks for the device condition if needed.
You can add as many spot inks as you require. When you add a spot ink to an existing device condition, it does not create a new device condition. The existing device condition is modified to include the spot ink wherever it is used.
- Click OK .
- Characterize the color response for the device condition .