CMYK reference device conditions can be used as the following:
- Color input to define the color space of CMYK input files
- PCO or SCO when you output CMYK files
- Calibration curve target or simulation target
ColorFlow provides several built-in CMYK reference device conditions that encapsulate the color response of industry specifications or printing aim points, such as GRACoL C1 or FOGRA 39. If you want to use an arbitrary color response that you have measured from a printed sample, such as a supplied proof or purchased reference sheet, you can create a custom CMYK reference device condition. The reference you created is saved in the system and appears in the Device Conditions list.
- Click the Device Conditions tab and then click the Add icon
The Device window appears..
- Drag the CMYK Reference device to the viewer window.
- In the device condition, click the Properties icon .
In the Name list box, enter the name that you want to use for your reference device condition.
- In the Separate Same As list, select a device type that best represents the black generation strategy of the reference device condition. For the US Web Coated SWOP reference, select Offset Press - Heatset Web.
- Click OK.
- Click the Measurements icon .
- Characterize the color response of the CMYK reference device condition by the following: