You can estimate color response from an existing color response for the following device types:
- Offset Press - Sheetfed
- Offset Press - Heatset Web
- Offset Press - Coldset Web
- Flexographic Press
You can generate an estimated color response for a device condition if you have any of the following:
- The Color Characterization chart measurement for the same device in a similar device condition, called the original device condition
- The i1Pro measurement of the substrates of the original and new device conditions
- The estimated gain difference between the two substrates. You can manually enter the value during the estimation process
- In a device condition in the viewer window, click the Measurements icon next to a device.
- Click the Measurements tab.
- Below the Active Measurement area, click Estimate.
- In the Response Estimation dialog, select an original device condition.
You can also select Current Device Condition to edit the existing device condition response.
- Follow the wizard to generate the estimated color response.