Note: In order to prevent anomalies when you are making adjustments to profiles, do not edit the profile with multiple modes at the same time. Adjust the profile in one mode and then test the output before making more changes.
- In a PCO, click the PCO Profile icon .
- Select the Edit mode, either Source or Destination.
Select the suitable rendering intent:The following table describes each rendering intent and their applications:
Rendering intent Where to use for Description Perceptual Photographs (scans and images) Fits all colors in the source space into the destination space while preserving overall color relationships. This method is suitable for images that contain significant out-of-gamut colors (RGB to CMYK) Saturation Business graphics (charts and solid colors) Converts saturated colors in the source to saturated colors in the destination. This method may not be suitable for preserving original colors in an image Relative Colorimetric Proof output where the destination gamut is larger than source gamut Maps white in the source to white in the destination, reproducing all in-gamut colors and clipping out-of-gamut colors to the closest reproducible hue. This method preserves more of the original colors than the Perceptual method Absolute Colorimetric Proof output where the media white color of the source needs to be reproduced on the destination media Maintains color accuracy and does not change any colors that fall inside the destination color gamut (including white)
- Select an adjustment mode and make your changes:
- Adjust device profile input tonality or output tonality (depending on which Edit mode you selected, Source or Destination).
- Adjust device profile dark point
- Adjust device profile gray balance
- Adjust device profile selected color