ColorFlow 7.5 simplifies curve creation and application. We strongly suggest you create new curves in ColorFlow rather than Harmony, because of ColorFlow's many advantages. However, there is no mandatory requirement to switch from Harmony in Prinergy 7.5.
We recommend you move to ColorFlow in a phased and controlled manner. You can start by creating new ColorFlow curves for new print conditions, but continue to use existing Harmony curves in existing Process Templates for legacy print conditions.
Note that ColorFlow is the only option if you wish to align a print condition to a modern standard like GRACoL or G7.
The new curve creation process in ColorFlow is straightforward if you are printing and measuring charts. For other situations, consider the following:
- If you are creating curves based on a spreadsheet of values (node-based curve creation), see instructions here.
- For Copydot calibration, you must still use Harmony curves.
The current version of ColorFlow doesn't support Solid Cutback curves. The workaround is to create a print transfer curve with 99.9% at the desired cutback value and set "Screen solids as" to the same value in a Prinergy Output Process Template.
- In the Print Curves tab, under Transfer Curves, click the Add button .
- Enter a name for your curve.
- Keep the default device condition values and click OK.
- In the viewer window on the right, click the Transfer Curves icon .
- Select the Show in Prinergy check box to make it visible in Prinergy.
- In the Curve Definition section, click Custom.
- Click OK to create a linear transfer curve.
- In the curve object window, click the Transfer Curves icon .
- Click Transfer Curves.
- Select the Enable Editing check box if it's not selected by default.
- Select the color button that you want to edit.
- Click in the Tint In box and enter
100.The value changes to 99.90.
- Click in the Tint Out box and enter your desired value. For example:
- Click Apply.
- In the Prinergy Output Process Template, do the following:
- Expand the Calibration & Screening panel.
- Select the Screen Solids check box.
- In the as box, enter the same value you entered for 99.9% in ColorFlow. For the example above, enter
- Expand the Print Curve drop down list and select the print transfer curve you just created in ColorFlow.