If the print condition of your print device has changed, you can use ColorFlow to update the transfer curve that you imported from Harmony.
Update a imported Harmony transfer curve and use the updated curve to output a PDF.
Task 1: Edit the transfer curve
- In ColorFlow software, click the Print Curves tab.
- Select the PRINT Press A CS1 SWOP 175L print curve and click Copy to Transfer Curve.
- In the Transfer Curve Properties dialog box, in the Name box, enter
XX Transfer Curve Activity 05(where XX= your initials).
- In the Device Condition section, enter the following device condition parameters:
Type 1 or 2 (coated art)
- Click OK.
The new Transfer curve is activated for Prinergy and the original Harmony curve is deactivated.
- In the Viewer window, click the Transfer curve icon .
- In the Transfer Curve Adjustments dialog box, click the K button.
There are 5 sliders represents 5 fixed tonal range:
- Slider at 10% (Highlight): affects 0 to 25%
- Slider at 25% (Quartertone): affects 0 to 50%
- Slider at 50% (Midtone): affects entire tonal range
- Slider at 75% (3/4-tone): affects 50 to 100%
- Slider at 90% (Shadow): affects 75 to 100%
- In the box under the Midtone slider, enter
5.Note that the other adjustment slider values have also been adjusted to smooth out the resulting curve.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close.
Task 2: Output a page using the updated transfer curve in Prinergy
- In Prinergy, create a new job, and name it as
XX CF Activity 05(where XX = your initials).
- Refine Chart_TintRamp_CMYK.pdf with 1stRef-Normz.
- Output the PDF file using Virtual Proof.LoosePage with the updated transfer curve:
- In your Virtual Proof.LoosePage Process template dialog box, from the Output To list, select Virtual Proof.
- Leave ColorFLow Color Relationship Management unchecked.
- Expand the Calibration & Screening panel.
- Click the ColorFlow Current State radio button.
- Expand the Print Curve drop down list and select XX Transfer Curve Activity 05.
- Open the generated page in VPS and measure the 50% black patch.
Confirm that the updated print transfer curve has been applied and the 50% black patch measures 57.6%.
You have updated a Harmony transfer curve and used it in Prinergy to control the tonal response of an output.